Saturday, July 1, 2017

21st Century Oldies volume 4 - MORE ABOUT THE DONALD - previewing online highlights


21st CENTURY OLDIES

Online Highlights Preview of Volume 4:
MORE ABOUT THE DONALD!
SUNG TO THE OLDIES

Sing-along parody lyrics by Fred Landau
21st century current events
sung to the tune of classic popular music


Highlights from:
popular and folk tunes and TV TUNES


Highlights from:
SHOW tunes & AMERICAN SONGBOOK TUNES


INTRODUCTION 

Much appreciation to the people who had read Volume 3 on 2016 Presidential Politics from summer 2016 and had requested more lyrics about the Donald!  I’m hoping all political parties can find some sing-along fun in this collection.

As in the past volumes in this series, simply because of where I live,  there’s sometimes a New York (or at least Northeastern U.S.) perspective to my parody treatment of this subject matter.  Still, I hope everyone reading the book, or (even better) trying to sing the parodies, can identify in some way.  But mostly, I hope it entertains!


LIST OF THE SONGS BEING PARODIED
IN THIS ONLINE HIGHLIGHTS PREVIEW


POPULAR & FOLK TUNES

SINCE I HAVE MY TWITTER -  Tune of If I Had a Hammer

ON TWEETING ABOUT MIKA & MORNING JOE -   Tune of Scarborough Fair

HERE COMES HIS PLANE AGAIN - Tune of Here Comes the Rain Again

TRUMP TOWER (NY TRAFFIC CONGESTION) - Tune of Moon River

FUN, FUN, FUN TIL MELANIA TAKES HIS I-PHONE AWAY -
    Tune of Fun, Fun, Fun

SPEAK CLEARLY, JIM (THE TRUMP-COMEY DINNER) -     Tune of Speak Softly, Love (“Godfather” theme)

TV TUNES

BUT THEY’RE DONALDS, IDENTICAL DONALDS!
    Tune of “The Patty Duke Show” theme song

THE DONALD’S FAMILY
    Tune of “The Addams Family” theme song

WE CALL HIM FLIPPER!
    Tune of “Flipper” theme song



SHOW TUNES &
AMERICAN SONGBOOK TUNES

TRUMP IS HERE
    Tune of I’m Still Here     (from Follies)

COMEY, MAKE BELIEVE I TRUST YOU
    Tune of Only Make Believe I Love You   (from Showboat)

HEY, BIG TALKER
    Tune of Hey Big Spender    (from Sweet Charity)

TRUMP UP YOUR SCHEDULE
    Tune of Brush Up Your Shakespeare     (from Kiss Me Kate)

HEY SO WHAT, SO WHAT? (COMFORT DOG SONG)
    Tune of Que Sera Sera


No comments:

Post a Comment